Signed l.r. C. Rud. Huber
Oil on canvas
56 x 75 cm / 72 x 92 cm [Framed]
Carl Huber studied at the Akademien der bildenden Künste in Vienna, where he later became a Professor. Following his studies there he also studied for a time in Düsseldorf. In 1875 he went on a trip to Egypt with Leopold Carl Müller, Hans Makart and Franz von Lenbach, which led to his producing numerous Orientalist works for the European market. He returned to Vienna and was appointed a professor in 1880, teaching the Academy's students to paint animals in particular.